Last week was World Environment Day and here at Mia & Ben we are excited to celebrate it and share it with you! The day was established in 1974, and according to the UN, it is their most important platform for inspiring positive change and encouraging worldwide awareness and action to protect the environment.
This year the theme is both urgent and existential – biodiversity. Biodiversity is a variety of life on earth, in all its forms and interactions, from microorganisms to animals. Recent climate changes and events like pandemic show the interdependence of humans and the webs of life in which we exist.
From day one it was important for Mia & Ben to make products that do not harm the environment and natural habitat. How do we make sure of that?
- We produce under strict certification of Soil Association. Soil Association certification makes sure that we not only deliver delicious organic food to your babies, but also focus on animal welfare, safeguarding the environment and protect wildlife, by choosing suppliers who care.
- Organic farming also means less pesticides, no herbicides, no routine use of antibiotics and no GM ingredients. We source the raw materials responsibly, thus protecting the soil and natural animal habitat.
- Sustainability is incorporated in our DNA on early stages of new product development. Our Research team works hard to choose ingredients for pouches that are produced in EU and do not harm the soil.
- We cooperate with Fareshare to avoid food waste. In May we donated 25,095 pouches!
How can you engage?
- Spread the word! Share this post or any other information on biodiversity you like.
- Rethink what you buy and how you use it. This simple UN toolkit has steps on how you as individual can help to protect the biodiversity
Read more about World Environment Day at the official website here.